Oh hey, it’s me, Taylor again! I'm here to give you the tea on what it's like as a new mama.
- So like, I'm a MOM now? I had an incredible time getting to snuggle and cuddle my little babe, Leo, for the past few months, soaking in everything I possibly could on maternity leave! I cannot thank Bailey enough for giving me time to get to know this crazy little nugget that we brought into the world. They tell you you'll be tired... but you never really truly understand how tired until it happens. Having the new title of "mom" is still weird to me. I've always wanted to be a mom, but it's still so new and I'm not used to it. Maybe when Leo starts calling me mom it'll stick...
- Hi, I'm scared I was scared to be a mom. It is something I have always wanted, but once it happens, there's no going back! Skyler and I had been married for less than 2 months when we got pregnant. I was so unbelievably happy yet terrified all at the same time. It's scary taking the plunge of becoming parents and risking your relationship becoming #2 to your child. But there is just something about watching your husband become a father that really triggers a different area of love in you. The second I saw Skyler hold Leo was just so natural. I fell in love allll over again and still do each day watching him take care of both of us. The biggest thing I'm trying to do is remind him every day how much I appreciate what he does for us, because damn it's a lot. He's an incredible dad on top of being an incredible husband.
- Did you cry today? Yup. With all the ups, there's downs to match, that's for sure. To say I haven't cried almost every day would be a complete lie. It's hard. Like really hard. The entire process of becoming a parent AND then all these hormones come crashing down, you know, just to add a little sprinkle on top to your emotions. Trying to figure out this new little human that came into your life, even after you have prepped for 9 months, is still a shock to the system. They always ask "when are you going to have kids?" But they never tell you that you're going to get 3 hours of sleep some nights, if that. They don't tell you that this kid needs to eat every 3 hours, even if that means at 2am. Thank goodness for apps that help you track that stuff! They don't tell you that this thing is going to cry - but here's the catch: you don't know why - so you just gotta try a ton of stuff until it works. And then remember how that cry sounded so you know what is wrong the next time even though you're running on 2 minutes of sleep. What a ride, amiright?!
- Did you smile at me or did you just poop? With all of those things eating away at you, trust me, it gets better. It's hard, but it gets better. Before I knew it, Leo was 10 weeks old. How does that happen when to me it felt like 10 days? I can't tell you how much my heart exploded when Leo smiled at me for the first time. No, not like "I just pooped and you just happened to look at me at the same time" look. Like actually smiles at you because he's happy to see you. To me, that was worth those sleepless nights and endless amounts of Diet Mt. Dew, who is my best friend now. It might come naturally to some people, but Skyler and I have agreed that parenthood is tough. But it is WAY more rewarding than tough. The good has already outdone the tough. And we have realized now how much support I have. I cannot thank my family and friends for how much support and love I feel from them. There are people I haven't talked to since high school or college that have reached out just to tell me that they've been there and I'm not alone. Or to just come over and let me take a shower, that's some sort of support that I can't comprehend and am forever grateful for.
- My "first-time mom" is showing Here's my tidbit of advice and then I'm out: If you're a new mom, you're going to hear allll the advice and stories. Sometimes from people who know what they're talking about, but also a lot of people who have no clue. You listen to who you want and forget the rest. YOU are the best mama for your kiddo, no one else. There's a reason your little one chose YOU. But for real, if you have any tips and tricks, I'm all ears! I just found out that all diapers have yellow lines that turn blue when it's dirty...
- 'Tis Time! Let's do the dang thing! ALRIGHT! Now I’m ready to jump back into the grind and back to being Bailey’s right hand girl! You’ll be seeing me helping with social media, emails and getting everyone ready for their sessions! While I was on maternity leave, Bailey had to come and visit our little guy and capture us in our element, of course! Go ahead and peep the AMAZING photos Bailey got of our little fam. Cue the tears for how quickly Leo has grown already! I missed you all and can’t wait to catch up! I'm ready for wedding season and everything in between! Hit us up if you just got engaged, our 2022 is crazy busy already but we've got some Fridays open!